We want you to be comfortable, protected and hydrated while at the meeting. We desert dwellers suggest you bring the following:
BYO Reusable Water Bottle - Sustainable and necessary to have during field trips! If you forget yours, reusable bottles can be purchased in the Garden's gift shop.
BYO Favorite Tote Bag -- If you have a favorite tote or backpack, bring it. A snazzy 100% recycled bag will be provided, but it is more the size of a shopping bag. Take it with you to our Garden Shop and avoid having to buy a bag for your purchases.
Sun Protection -- Each morning we will be outside enjoying the Garden, Boyce Thompson and Taliesin West, so please bring one or more of the following:
- Very lightweight, long sleeved shirts and/or protect with sunscreen
- Hat and/or travel umbrella for shade
- Sunscreen -- We will also have a sample available for you.
- Lip balm with sunscreen -- No need to bring now because our sponsor is providing!
- Lightweight sweater or shirt - seems counterintuitive but air-conditioned spaces can sometimes be too cold.
Walking shoes or sandals - Sandals will feel cooler but they should be sturdy. Boyce Thomson has unpaved areas so please bring appropriate footwear for our walkabout.