Arboretum Library Curbside Pickup
The Arboretum Library is pleased to announce curbside pickup service at the loading zone in the main Arboretum Parking lot! Arboretum members may now place orders of up to 7 items for curbside pickup.
How to Place an Order:
- Call (626) 821-3213 or email, Susan.Eubank@Arboretum.org, on Tuesday-Friday and every other Saturday (7/11, 7/25, 8/8, 8/22, 9/5, 9/19, etc.) from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p. m. to place your order and schedule your appointment. Please include your telephone number in your email.
- The Arboretum Librarian will take your order and work with you to schedule a 10-minute curbside pickup appointment. If items turn out not to be available, the Librarian will inform the customer.
- Curbside Pickup takes place on Tuesday through Friday and every other Saturday (6/27, 7/11, 7/25, 8/8, 8/22, 9/5, 9/19), from 1:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- You will need to let the Librarian know the color and make/model of the vehicle in which you expect to be picking up your items.
How to Pick Up Your Order:
- Curbside pickup takes place in the Main Arboretum parking lot (301 North Baldwin Ave., Arcadia, CA 91007). The parking lot entrance is on Arboretum Way.
- Upon arrival, you will drive* into the designated Loading Zone, marked with a yellow curb. The yellow curb loading zone is directly to the east of the accessible parking space. There is a concrete peninsula in between.
- If those spots are full due to a delay or a prior appointment running over, please find another temporary parking place.
- Call the Librarian at 626-821-3213 upon your arrival.
- The Librarian will greet you, check your personal identification and Arboretum membership card through the closed card window and place your package of reserved materials on the bench directly to the north of the loading zone (behind the hedge) and step back to observe physical distancing protocol.
- You can then step out of your car, pick up your package, and leave any materials you are returning as well.
*Biking and walking pickups are welcome and must also make an appointment ahead of time following the same procedures as drive-in service.
- All books within the library buildings have been untouched for many weeks, far past the time that COVID-19 may exist on surfaces.
- Any books and materials being returned are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked back in and made available for checkout.
- The Librarian wears a mask and gloves while handling all books and materials.
- All Arboretum members participating in curbside pickup must wear a mask while interacting with the Librarian.
Guidelines & Tips for Success:
- Visit the online Catalog, before you call to determine the items you want in your order. The Librarian is also available to help you with your selections and make suggestions.
- Curbside pickup orders are limited to 7 items per order per day.
- Items may also be returned in the Membership Office.
- This service is available to Arboretum members only. Join today!