You can search and browse our E-book collection using the Arboretum LIbrary Catalog. Use the ID number on your membership card prefaced by the letters "LA" to login to ebrary.
In the Arboretum Library Catalog select search options to limit your search:
- Below Simple Search or Advanced Search click Options selected!
- Under Limit/view search results click Select Media or Select Collections
- Mark the E-Books box and then search your favorite subject.
- Choose your favorite E-Book record. In the middle of the record the is a URL following the label Electronic Location/Access. The URL contains "ebookcentral".
- Click the URL.
- At the paywall/splashscreen type your Arboretum membership number with the letters "LA" in front of it, i.e., LA99999999999.
Once you have reached the Proquest Ebook Central site there are many ways to view or download the E-Book. The two easiest are to "View Online" and "Download Chapter." If you want to download the entire book the circulation period is 7 days. There is more help listed below.
How to download E-books using ebrary :
ebrary Videos on YouTube
View ebrary Support Center
If you have any further questions please contact the Librarian,Susan Eubank.
Email: Susan.Eubank@Arboretum.org or leave a message at 626-821-3213.